Friday, November 8, 2013

Went to Wag for some food, came out with a friend.





 One of my favorite things about UNCW is the friendly students. This week I made a new friend just by eating lunch.

I had a busy schedule with a long list of things I needed to accomplish for the day. I decided that I didn’t have time for chit-chat and planned on running into Wagoner Dining Hall just for a quick bite as I stressed out about everything I had to do that today. I grabbed a slice of veggie pizza and a salad and only planned on being in there for 10 or 15 minutes. I usually don’t eat lunch by myself (I’m not a loser, I promise), but like I said, I had a lot of things to accomplish that day and was just stopping for a quick bite. Not long after I sat down a guy I’ve never met before in my life walks up to me. He casually says, “I noticed that you were eating by yourself and I was wondering if I could join you”. I was a little shocked, but I nodded my head and accepted his invitation. We began casually talking and before I knew it I had forgotten about the list of things I had to do that day. We had a great friendly conversation and it was a nice unexpected break from my hectic day. 

The kindness and thoughtfulness of strangers here at UNCW never ceases to amaze me. I love UNCW and all of its friendly students. Plus I love making new friends, especially in the most unexpected ways!



-Anna-Joy




No comments:

Post a Comment