- Take a more academically challenging course load then you did the year before. UNCW wants to see that the rigor in your schedule is increasing as you move through high school.
- When you are considering an AP or an Honors course, chose to take them in the subjects that you know you will be successful in. It is not the quantity of AP but rather the quality that you produce that we are interested in. If you enjoy and do well in an English and History class, consider an AP in those. If you know that Math is not your strongest subject, do not try struggle through an AP all year long, maybe an Honors is where you are best suited.
- Begin to take SAT and ACT (with writing) tests now. Before you get into your senior year is when you have the most time to take practice tests and perfect your skills. UNCW suggests that you use the score choice option when available for standardized tests. This will allow all of your scores to come to you first for review before any college or university sees them. Feel free to call UNCW for advice on which test score is best and/or how you should proceeded.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
While the Regular Decision deadline was February 1, 2010, we are aware that receipt of many of your credentials may have been slowed due to the snowstorms. Be assured that UNCW will not penalize you in any way due to these circumstances, and our office will not make a decision on an application until it is complete and ready for review.
Please make every effort to submit all of your supporting documentation and credentials as soon as possible.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Monday, February 1, 2010
The UNCW Just Juniors Visitation Days are held specifically for high school juniors interested in learning more about UNCW. This afternoon will introduce you to our campus and give you a first look at the admissions process and an overview of our academic departmets. The following dates have been set and registration information can be found here.
- February 19, 2010 (Cameron School of Business)
- March 19, 2010 (School of Nursing)
- April 30, 2010 (Watson School of Education)
Visiting campus is always the best way for students to get a true feel for a university and its programs; we hope you will join us to experience UNCW!