Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Color Me Rad @UNCW!


In the midst of a busy travel season and both the Freshman Early Action deadline for Fall 2014 and the Spring 2014 Transfer application deadline, a few of our Admissions Office staff members embraced the "rad" this past weekend as "Color Me Rad" took over the UNCW campus to benefit student-athlete scholarships and the Seahawk Club.

Here is what freshman counselor Jessie had to say about the event:

   "The race was AMAZING, the energy from the student volunteers was awesome and it didn't even bother me when I took a pink color bomb to the face that has left me with a pink highlight still in my hair that doesn't seem to want to come out."

and Operations staff member Linda:

   "I had a great experience.  There were so many people there dressed in costumes- I even ran into some of my former Running buddies. 
     Everyone was so happy and friendly.  What a great day it was! 
When it started to rain I thought OMG this powder is going to become a mess.  However the sun finally came out and it was a perfect day.  The volunteers that threw the color were wonderful.  They actually tried to avoid getting it in your mouth. 
All in all it was FUN FUN FUN.
When I got home it did take a while to get all the color off my skin, but I have to say the only color that  did not come out of my clothing was PINK.  Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment