Monday, August 2, 2010

New Admissions Counselor

Hello Seahawk Nation,

My name is Tom Tascone, and I am the new Freshman Admissions Coordinator for the Office of Admissions!  I just wanted to take some time to introduce myself to you all this morning, and let you know how excited I am to be a part of this wonderful community!

I was born and raised in the great state of New York, in a busy little town called Massapequa Park.  From an early age I developed a great interest in all things Marine Biology, and upon high school graduation I was ready to move down to North Carolina and begin my undergraduate education at UNCW!

The world was my oyster, and while I did receive my Bachelor's degree in Marine Biology, I fell in love with the great campus atmosphere UNCW had to offer and, through my campus involvement, developed an equally passionate interest in higher education and student affairs.  And, as they say, the rest is history!

My passions are helping others, making a difference, and overall, leaving every place I encounter in life better than I found it, and so I welcome all of you to contact me at any time, for anything admissions related as well as anything else you may need.  I am assigned regionally to the high schools in the western part of North Carolina, but I hold an open-door policy to anyone willing to knock! I'll look forward to hearing from you!

In the words of a great mentor of mine, have a great day, unless you've made other plans!

Sincerely,

Tom Tascone
First Year Admission Coordinator
UNCW Class of 2008
910-962-7573
tasconet@uncw.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment