Friday, January 24, 2014

New Semester, New Beginnings




Welcome all spring transfers! I would like to personally welcome you to UNCW. You’re officially a Seahawk!
Being a transfer student, I know how difficult the transition can be. The best advice I can give you to help adjust to this new school is to get involved. Meeting new people and making new friends is easy when you find a club or organization that you are interested in. Like sports? Join an intramural team! Like writing? Join the student newspaper!
UNCW has over 230 clubs and organizations on campus, so your possibilities are practically endless. I have met some of my closest friends (including my fellow teal guides) through clubs or organizations that I got involved in. The Transfer Student Organization is a perfect club because the entire purpose of the club is for transfer students to meet and connect with other transfer students. How cool is that?!
College is supposed to be the best years of our lives. So live it up! Get involved and enjoy the remaining time of your college career at the best college ever!





No comments:

Post a Comment