Wednesday, September 4, 2013

New First-Year Admissions Coordinator Donovan Smith



Hello Seahawk Nation,

My name is Donovan Smith Jr., and I am the new Freshman Admissions Coordinator for the Office of Admissions. I just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself to the Seahawk community and let you all know how excited I am to have made the transition from student to staff here at UNCW. 

I was born and raised in Norwood, North Carolina, a small southern town. From an early age, I wanted to be different and make a name for myself. I realized that I would be the first person in my family to go to college, possibly paving the way for my younger cousins, nieces and nephews.  That’s when I decided to become a Seahawk and explore endless avenues of success! 

Throughout my four years of undergrad at UNCW, I was very involved. I was an RA for three years in both freshman and upperclassmen dorms. I also worked the front desk of the dorms as well. I became a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. also, serving on the executive board. All of these things made becoming a Seahawk one of my best moves yet. 

My passions are helping others, making a difference, and overall, leaving every place I encounter in life better than I found it, and so I welcome all of you to contact me at any time, for anything admissions related as well as anything else you may need.  I am assigned regionally to the high schools in the South Central part of North Carolina, but I hold an open-door policy to anyone willing to knock! I look forward to hearing from you!

Donovan Smith
First-Year Admissions Coordinator
smithdd@uncw.edu
910-962-7573

No comments:

Post a Comment