Friday, February 21, 2014

Spring Break is Right Around the Corner...



Have you ever heard the quote by John Hughes in the movie Ferris Bueller’s Day off? “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” Well I’ve read the quote countless times but never realized it was from that movie until I looked it up recently, probably because I haven’t ever seen it before. I may not have watched Ferris Bueller’s Day Off but I do know one thing, that quote couldn’t be more true. It may be cliché but time truly does fly. I mean…We only have one more week of classes and then we’re going to be on Spring Break! It doesn’t seem like it’s possible for it to be time for Spring Break already but it is and it baffles me. I’m looking forward to it because I will be taking my FIRST Spring Break Trip EVER IN MY LIFE!
I usually spend EVERY SINGLE Spring Break just taking it easy to relax as well as spend time with friends and family but this year I decided I wanted to change things up a little bit by going somewhere and actually doing something for once so I’m going on a trip to the one and only: NEW YORK CITY!! I’ll be going with an organization here at UNCW and am so excited! I took a trip with my family to NYC back when I was in High School and really enjoyed it so I cannot wait to go back. I just love the city. The energy and atmosphere there is amazing. I’m really looking forward to spending a week there to explore the city with some really fun people I’ve become friends with here at UNCW as well as experience service opportunities while we’re there. I have a feeling I will get a chance to experience NYC in a completely different way than the last time I was there which is going to be so great. I’ve gotten to the point in my life where I want to see the world, take chances, and experience everything I can of what this world has to offer. The fact of the matter is that we are only given one life so we have to make the most of it. I sometimes can think about the past a lot or plan things way in advance but I also have to make sure that I live in the present as well. I’m trying to find the balance and make sure that I embrace each and every day of this beautiful ride called life because I do not want to miss a single thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment